Omni-channel refers to retailers with both a physical and digital presence. It is a modern approach to commerce that focuses on designing a cohesive user experience for customers at every (online & offline) touchpoint.
Why do companies need it?
The ability to touch and try on a product before purchase is less and less of a concern. Instead, brand coverage, social media presence, and overall lifestyle affinity are what makes a win with Millenials and Gen Z possible.
What it means for the Logistics?
Companies are moving away from the traditional distribution model towards a more dynamic system which can support the omnichannel experience of the brands.
But that’s easier said than done!! — You need to have an intelligent system that could handle this dynamism as well as shorten the delivery cycle. You cannot rely on the crude dispatch planning techniques where the drop points with average loads are fixed. Which further means that you have to re-negotiate terms with your logistics vendor to support the regular + dynamic load movements.
Thankfully, you can rely on Quifers to help you build the omnichannel platform on your existing retail infrastructure. What you get —
- Optimal fleet mix fulfillment with consideration of all possible business dynamics
- Management of reverse logistics effortlessly coupled with customer deliveries.
- Real-time ETA calculations, with delay notifications and adjustments on the go.
- Identification of serviceable area for your stores and the optimal warehouse location.
- Analytics and insights to help you compare the performance of your vehicles, warehouses, and workforce.
- What-If scenarios to help you re-negotiate terms with vendors
Want to help us navigate you through the Logistics Challenge?
Talk to us!